History Gebrüder Berens

   
1867

1. October foundation of a cigar company in Bilstein by Josef, Johann and Heinrich Berens.

  Manufacturing of cigars and smoking tobacco in Bilstein
   
1870

Additional production of tobacco in branches of Kirchveischede and Oberveischede

   
1904 Emil Berens joined the company (active 1904-1951).
   
1914

Foundation of a company in Aachen. The company had to be closed during the First World War (1916)

  closed during the First World War (1916)
   
1928 Foundation of a new company in Kleinlinden (Upper Hesse) due to missing
 

employees at the main plant in Bilstein.

   
1934

Expansion of the plant in Kleinlinden (approx. 190 employees)

 

   
1937

Hubert Berens (active 1937-1968) and Hermann Berens (active 1937-1966) joined the company

   
1938 Takeover of company Wilh. Stroh incl. its plant in Großlinden (ca. 300 employees)
   
1950

Due to the positive development of the production in Hesse (manufacturing of cigars)

 

plants in Kirchveischede and Oberveischede werde closed in the post-war period.

 

Manufacturing of smoking tobacco was only done in Bilstein ( approx. 150 employees)

   
1966

Franz-Josef Berens (active 1966-2003) and Heinz Berens (active 1966-1980) joined the company

   
1972

Building of a new plant in Kirchveischede. Integration of all other plants (approx. 50 employees)

 

Manufacturing of smoking tobacco and pipe tobacco.

 

Importer of the Danish Cigarillo "Nobel Petit".

   
1973

Building up of a second production business – plastic injection moulding

   
1979

Expansion of the main company building

   
1981

Marlies Berens joined the Management (active 1981- 1995)

   
1982

2. expansion – building of a new warehouse

   
1992

3. expansion – building of a new dispatch hall

   
1995

Klaus-Dieter Berens joined the company

   
2006

Closing of the tobacco production and at the same time expansion of the plastic sector

   
2007

Objective and reforming was the optimization and rationalization of the entire company organization

   
2009

Modernization of the complete company building

 

Expansion of the plastic area (purchase of additional injection moulding machines and

 

removal devices with a clamping force of 60 - 400 kN)

   
2010

Relocation of the mould shop

   
2014

Expansion and reconstruction of production planning and quality management